Friday, January 16, 2009

my book

11/17/02

Dear Aunt Mildred,
To my knowledge, you are the first person to actually open my novel and start reading. It's a scary feeling. When I began writing the novel I had no actual reader in mind, but I must confess, in my wildest imagination, you would not have been the first person to spring to mind. Now I worry that I may have said something to offend your sensibilities. But, I would worry about that no matter who was reading the book. Having someone read your book is sorta-like getting undressed in public. Your worst nightmare come true. Since my book was accepted for publication I haven't had the courage to read it. I have wiped my memory clean and have no idea what I said. I'm a man standing in front of a firing squad waiting for the first volley to be fired and wondering what his crime was. Until the verdict is in I won't have the courage to write another word. I only hope it's passably literate and won't embarrass any of my kin.

Love Wes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

Acvcevdivjmniirty [url=http://ow.ly/5RzG9]old navy coupons[/url] adNajrfiurkgeg